Why Camping for Halloween is the Best
Halloween is nigh. But something formidable stands between us and All Hallows’ Eve—the weekend.
The weekend before a holiday is a pretty big deal. There’s a lot of pressure to live it up. Celebrate properly. Party all night and sleep it off the next day.
So. How to spend Halloween weekend. The two obvious options are to celebrate at home or hike deep into the woods and celebrate with the ghosts and ghouls. That is to say, celebrate properly.
Now the question is are you ready to sleep with the spooks? Here’s a handy questionnaire to find out.
1. Have you seen Blair Witch Project?
2. Do you love things that go bump in the night?
3. Is Halloween your favorite holiday?
4. Have you always wanted to camp near a cemetery?
5. Is it a full moon?
6. Would you rather risk the monsters in the woods than the crowds at the bars?
7. Is your rainfly zombie-proof?
8. Do you want a real reason to hike in a onesie?
9. Do you want to prove your bravery to your friends?
10. Do you feel safer in the woods than on the street?
11. Have you always wanted to trick or treat with animals?
12. Have you been practicing your bloodcurdling scream?
13. Will you be camping with friends who identify as practical jokers?
14. Are you the slowest runner in your group?
15. Do you believe that bats are friendly and helpful creatures?
16. Are you afraid of your own shadow?
17. Have you ever sat in a field and waited for the Great Pumpkin?
18. Do you have enough non-melty Halloween candy to bring along?
19. Do you believe in ghosts?
20. Have you ever wanted to star in a horror movie?
If you answered “yes” to at least 10 questions, you are ready to camp for Halloween. If you answered “no” to 10 or more, you’re a scaredy cat who needs to stay home behind locked doors. If you answered “yes” to all the questions, you’re a Halloween Hero and you win the weekend.